HELP WITH QUESTIONS ON NOVA TRAINING APPLICATION

Dick Brezovec dick.brezovec at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 14:23:50 PST 2011

[Redirected from blw@ -- postmaster@]

Can you or anybody at BayLisa help me answer the following 7 questions I
need to reply to in filling our my NOVA training application for being
trained and certified as a Linux System Administrator?

1.   What are your current job responsibilities/tasks as a Linux System
Administrator?

2.   What skills, certifications, and education are required to become a
Linux System Administrator?

3.   Based on the fact that I have been a Solaris and HP-UX System
Administrator for the past 20 years,  what challenges will I face in finding
a job as a Linux System Administrator?"

4.   What do you recommend I do to help me get a job as a Linux System
Administrator?

5. What does a typical workday as a Linux System Administrator look like?

6. What personal qualities does it take to be successful in this job?

7. Do you know of what experiences as a Solaris UNIX System Administrator
can be transferred over to being a Linux System Administrator?

LTC Richard T Brezovec Sr.

US Army Retired

Cell: 408-205-9033

"Army Strong, we build bodies from the ground floor up!"

"We do not quit being active because we grow old; we grow old because we
quit being active"