Seeking beta testers for a new trouble ticket app

Matt Harrington mbh.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 12:48:47 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Here's the announcement I made at the meeting last night:

There's already a ton of trouble ticket apps out there, but I thought
I'd try writing my own.  It's online at http://www.TicketButton.com.
I put most of my coding efforts into the backend, and have something
that will scale to billions of trouble tickets.  The frontend only
implements the bare minimum of features right now.  You can:
open/close tickets, reply, assign a ticket to an Agent, & categorize
tickets.  I didn't want to overload version 1.0 of the app with
unnecessary features for fear of just complicating things.  Hence,
it's not feature-complete -- I guess it's really more of an alpha than
a beta.

It's targeted to small companies which currently don't have a helpdesk
app in place.  You definitely wouldn't scrap Remedy or CA Service Desk
for it (yet!).

If you have opinions on what a trouble ticket app should look like,
I'd love to hear from you.  Basically, I'm waiting for input and am
ready to code whatever people find useful.  Feel free to take it for a
test drive.  Again, it's http://www.TicketButton.com.

Regards,

Matt