Anyone keeping up with AMANDA lately?

Guy B. Purcell guy at extragalactic.net
Fri Apr 30 09:25:46 PDT 2010

On Apr 21, 2010, at 11:02 AM, David Wolfskill wrote:

> I'm seeing some trtaffic in sage-members about AMANDA (the backup
> scheduler originalyy from UMaryland, IIRC) that indicates that in the
> last few years, AMANDA has been receiving a fair amount of love,
> attention, new code, and features.  ...if someone might be persuaded to talk about
> (some of) those changes, perhaps that might be of interest to the
> BayLISA community.

That's a great suggestion, David--thanks!  I looked at AMANDA once upon a time, but it lacked key library support then, so I had to bail on it.  Since then, I know there was a company called Zmanda that strove to improve the code & capabilities, but I lost track of how far things got.

I'll definitely look into having someone from either (or both!) project out for a talk.

-Guy