November BayLISA meeting

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 18 01:41:38 PST 2009

Quoting Guy B. Purcell (guy at extragalactic.net):

> If you're interested in volunteering to help run our organization,
> please send a brief statement of candidacy to <baylisa at baylisa.org>,
> if possible.  Note that elected board members have their dues waived
> (so yes--you can run for a spot even if you're not currently a member :^)

I've served both as Board member and as Treasurer for quite a few terms,
and in the latter capacity been keeping track of BayLISA's finances and
expenses for the Board, plus keeping track of our membership records and
state corporate filings.  I'd be glad to keep going for another 2-year
term if the members wish.

I'm a longtime sysadmin, active member with a couple of dozen
techanical groups in the Bay Area, and maintainer of the BALE calendar
of technical events (http://linuxamafia.com/bale/).

(I've always voluntarily paid for my own BayLISA membership to support
the group, even though as a Board member I don't have to.  I'd plan on
continuing to do so.)

--
Rick Moen                            "If accuracy / Is what you crave /
rick at linuxmafia.com                  Then you should call it / Myanmar Shave."