November BayLISA meeting

Guy B. Purcell guy at extragalactic.net
Wed Nov 18 00:36:59 PST 2009

We have two items on the agenda for this month--annual elections for
our board of directors, in addition to our guest speaker.

This month, the speaker will be Robert Harker, who will discuss using
Subversion as a system administration aide (and the challenges thereof):

When:  Thursday 2009 Nov 19 @ 19:30
Where:  2029 Stierlin Ct., Mountain View, CA  94043
Who:  Robert Harker
What:  Subversion for the Systems Administrator (stupid pet tricks
with subversion)

Visit <http://www.baylisa.org/> for more details.

This year, we have *five* board positions to fill.  Current BayLISA
members are entitled to vote for their choice of candidates at the
meeting (details of the process will be given either via email prior
to the meeting, or at the meeting itself).  If you're interested in
volunteering to help run our organization, please send a brief
statement of candidacy to <baylisa at baylisa.org>, if possible.  Note
that elected board members have their dues waived (so yes--you can run
for a spot even if you're not currently a member :^)

One final note--because of the extra time required for the elections,
we'll be having pizza at the meeting this month so folks don't have to
worry about eating before they arrive.  Please RSVP to
<rsvp at baylisa.org> so we can get a rough head count & know how much to
order.

Thanks & hope to see many of you there!

-Guy