Reminder--meeting tonight

Guy B. Purcell guy at extragalactic.net
Thu May 21 10:51:43 PDT 2009

Paraphrasing Jennifer...

BayLISA May General Meeting

When:  2009 May 21 @ 19:30 (tonight!)
Place:  Yahoo campus, Sunnyvale, Building E, classroom 9
Topic:  The Xen of Virtualization:  Packaging applications for
deployment in large scale virtualized environments

During this discussion we will cover some of the drivers for why you
would choose this type of a deployment. We will then discuss some of
the virtualization design and deployment choices. Following that we
will highlight some of the engineering projects that Oracle's Linux
engineers are working on that should make it easier, and more
performant to deploy large scale virtualized environments.

We will then demo packaging an application using Oracle VM a Xen based
virtualization environment, with Just enough OS. BayLISA attendees can
expect to walk away with software, templates, and installguides -
everything you need to try this out on a spare box at home.

Bring your laptop to be prepared to try it out hands on if you are
feeling adventurous.

-Guy