domain transfer problem

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Feb 5 21:02:10 PST 2008

Quoting Rich Holland (holland at guidancetech.com):

> A few years ago I registered my domain name with sharednic.com, which was
> cheap at the time ($15/year).  Now I'd like to transfer it to GoDaddy, but
> they tell me I need an "authorization code" from my current registrar.

Authorization Codes are also called Extensible Provisioning Protocol
(EPP) Codes, and are required for some TLDs but not others.  Here's some
material about them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPP_code
http://www.wdbc.com/domain/transfer-authcode.cfm
http://customersupport.networksolutions.com/article.php?id=161

Since sharednic.com is apparently an Enom reseller, maybe you need to
escalate any lack of responsiveness from sharednic.com to them.