domain transfer problem

Rich Holland holland at guidancetech.com
Tue Feb 5 19:46:38 PST 2008

A few years ago I registered my domain name with sharednic.com, which was
cheap at the time ($15/year).  Now I'd like to transfer it to GoDaddy, but
they tell me I need an "authorization code" from my current registrar.  I've
been trying for more than 2 weeks to reach someone at sharednic.com to get
this information, and they don't respond to email or phone calls.  I've
emailed every address I can find for them (web pages, whois database, emails
they've sent me when I originally registered, etc) and called their contact
number in the UK, which is answered by an answering machine.

GoDady says they can't process the transfer without the code, even though
I've used my control panel on sharednic.com to "unlock" my domain; I thought
that would be all I need to do..

It seems like my current registrar is just trying to ignore me to force me
to renew through them, but I don't want to do business with a company that
has such lousy customer service.

Anyone have any advice how to make this work and get to someone with (1) a
US contact number that is (2) answered by a human being?

Thanks!

Rich Holland

Principal Consultant

Guidance Technologies, Inc.