Label Makers

Mark Stenstadvold mark at marksportal.net
Fri May 11 11:23:24 PDT 2007

I believe several of you own the P-Touch PT-1650 Label Maker.  I
recently purchased one, hoping to utilize the ROT-REP feature, however I
discovered that the naming convention I use is too long to fit in that
mode.  So I've opted to try another label standard.  I use the NORMAL
setting and print two lines on one label:

NEAR:  <switch name>-port
FAR:  <system name>-eth0

Then I reverse it for the other end of the cable

NEAR:<system name>-eth0
FAR: <switch name>-port

The issue I'm having is that at times I have 10(x2)+ labels that I have
to make and it's very slow going using the small interface.  What I'd
like to do is enter in everything in Excel, upload it to the P-Touch and
then print it out, however I am unable to figure out how to print out a
label with two lines using the provided S/W.

Any suggestions?  Maybe I'm using the wrong tool for the job?
Thanks!

--Mark.