Upcoming Monitoring SIG - January 10, 2007 7pm San Francisco

Jennifer Davis sigje at sigje.org
Thu Jan 4 00:03:31 PST 2007

January '07 BayLISA Monitoring SIG: Ganglia to Nagios: Bridging the Gap

Ganglia Project Lead Matt Massie will be on hand to share how he's seeing
Ganglia being used and what new functionality he envisions.Peter Loh
and Mayank Patel from GroundWork will show how to unify the best features
of Nagios and Ganglia into a highly scalable IT monitoring
solution.We'll finish with freeform Q&A where you can take advantage of
the assembled wisdom to tackle your thorniest (or most basic) monitoring
issues. (If you want to be sure to present your issue email me directly
and I'll schedule it.)

What:  BayLISA Monitoring SIG IV:Ganglia to Nagios: Bridging the Gap
Who:  Anyone interested in IT monitoring issues and tools: newbies
particularly welcome!
When:  Wednesday, January 10 2007, 7PM
Where: GroundWork Open Source, 139 Townsend St., San Francisco
How:  139 Townsend St. is very near AT&T Park. It is two blocks from the
CalTrain Depot. Take the MUNI N trolley "inbound" to 2nd and King
(ballpark stop) or take the 15 or 30 buses (among others) crosstown. Free
evening street parking can usually be found.

New Year's pizza, pop, and snacks will be provided by GroundWork. We'll
open up the doors at 6:30 or so and start the formal part of the meeting
promptly at 7PM.

Please RSVP to rsvp at baylisa.org

If you have suggestions for topics for future monitoring SIGS please email
us at directors at baylisa.org.