cfengine guru? :-)

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at Alameda.net
Thu Aug 30 16:43:47 PDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 02:40:27PM -0700, Eric Sorenson wrote:

> On Aug 30, 2007, at 12:52 AM, Ulf Zimmermann wrote:
>
> >I am banging my head against the table trying to get cfrun to work
> >from
> >my policyhost. Anyone have a more detailed example? I seem to have
> >a specific access list problem but everything I try doesn't make it
> >better.
> >

> Are you on freenode IRC #cfengine? I have been talking to a couple of
> people there about cfrun lately.  Drop by if you haven't and maybe we
> can work it through. Also check out this page on cfwiki for the top 2
> or 3 things about cfrun that seem to trip up people the most:
>
> http://cfwiki.org/cfwiki/index.php/Cfrun_and_Cfservd_Confusion
>
> Did an article come out recently that talked about cfrun or
> something? It has been kind of a backwater that nobody used until the
> last month or two when there've been tons of people running into
> trouble trying to use it.
>
>  - Eric Sorenson - N37 17.255 W121 55.738  - http://ahpook.vox.com/  -

I looked at cfengine over the last 2 years but being overworked and
understaff it always has been put on the back burner. Now 2 other
departments recently hired people (not IT unfortunatly so far) and
that meant having to go around 100+ servers creating accounts for
them again. So I started looking at cfengine again yesterday.

I got my framework now working, including being able to "push" by
using cfrun to get cfagent to trigger to check for updates.

Now I am starting to look at policies what to implement, well
started with integrating some stuff from my kickstart configs.
Need to rework my yum repository to make it work correctly with
both our 32bit and 64bit installs we are now having.

--
Regards, Ulf.