Tools of the Trade Seminars

Guy B. Purcell guy at extragalactic.net
Tue Mar 14 10:52:53 PST 2006

On Jan 20, 2006, at 13:43, Jennifer Davis wrote:

> Given a choice of Scripting for Sysadmins (perl and shell),
> Virtualization (Xen, VMWare, Sun, IBM,..), Network, SANS, NAS, what
> would you like the next seminar to tackle?  This is aiming for an
> April Saturday event.

Catching up on some old email :^)  Wow, but January was a busy month
for BayLISA!

I like that list, and I'd add Monitoring & Trending (Nagios, Cacti,
Orca, to name a few), and perhaps Building Uniform Servers
(JumpStart, KickStart, Ports, etc.) to that list.  My preferred order
would be

Scripting
Virtualization
Monitoring
Storage (SAN/NAS)
Servers

(yeah--I need to work on my scripting :^D  ).

-Guy