RT vs Bugzilla

Paul M. Moriarty pmm at igtc.com
Mon Mar 6 10:26:30 PST 2006

In short, and in my experience, bugzilla is well-suited to dealing
with bugs and RT is well suited to dealing with requests.  While
there is some overlap in funtionality, using a bug tracking tool
for request tracking is a lot like using a 40-ft RV for a daily
5-mile commute.  It works, but there are more efficient solutions.

There are a number of request tracking tools out there these days
that work well.  I am a fan of Double Choco Latte (stupid name, but
good tool) at http://www.sf.net.  As RT has migrated from version
1.0.2 in 2000 to 3.4.5 today, I'm sure it has improved remarkably
since you last looked at it.

- Paul -