RT vs Bugzilla

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Mon Mar 6 09:48:13 PST 2006

Hello,

So, uhm, since Tom's awesome presentation (well, I caught the latter
half ...) and I'm reading his book now "Time Management for SysAdmins"
and I've got a new hire starting Thursday, who will DOUBLE the size of
my one-man team . . . I am thinking that RT may be in my future.

Back when I tried it in . . . 2000?  Well, back then it was kinda
crappy.  Ultimately, since the developers were using Bugzilla, my
group was told to use Bugzilla as well.

And, we are using Bugzilla at my current gig as well.  Well, I'm not
really, but the developers are.

Anyone who has experience here?  Advice?  Wisdom?  Is RT sufficiently
awesome that I can give a decent explanation to my boss as to why we
are using our own tool?  Or should I just suck it up and do the
Bugzilla thing?

I'm not looking for a flame war, more just advice on . . . well,
political advice on relative technical superiority.  So, I guess I am
trolling up a flame war, eh?  But maybe we can learn something. :)

Thanks All,
-danny

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com