Google Ops Presentation and Meeting Formats

Alan Horn ahorn at deorth.org
Fri Jan 27 14:43:11 PST 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Jennifer Davis wrote:

>Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:35:07 -0800 (PST)
>From: Jennifer Davis <sigje at sigje.org>
>To: baylisa at baylisa.org
>Subject: Re: Google Ops Presentation and Meeting Formats
>

> So I'm hearing lots of "didn't like" feelings about the presentations last
> night.  Any positives?

I thought Bernard's presentation was great. A very different type of
presentation subject. Perhaps I'm in the minority, A lot of folks in the
room didn't seem to 'get' that one.

I wanted more out of the google presentation. There was wayyyy to much "I
can't answer that", or "I'm not really the most qualified person..."

Perhaps you aren't, but you're in front of us, and so make a stab at it
without all the qualifiers.

Perhaps Google needs to sit down and work out what their speakers can and
can't say ? He seemed too wary to me.

That said, the subject matter was nice, albeit nowhere near as technical
as I'd desired.

The venus was excellent, as was the food. I look forward to the next event
there.

Cheers,

Al