Google Ops Presentation and Meeting Formats

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Fri Jan 27 12:23:07 PST 2006

> Again.. I reiterate, we need volunteers who are comfortable piping up :)
> Jim move on back here. :)

Buy me a house. :-)  http://www.jxh.com/jxh/1740/

(This rest of this may be OT, but since there's a meta-meeting going on,
I'll offer it anyway.)

Seriously, though: We (local groups generally) need not only people who
can moderate meetings, but a system that makes more such people.
Technical people generally won't sign up for a class on public speaking,
or anything else they dislike that much, but they can follow someone's
lead.  If you ask for a volunteer emcee, you won't get the ones who are
shy.  But maybe you can hook them for something else first (come and
help set up the video camera!) and then ask if they will broaden their
involvement if offered some coaching.  (A role-playing session after a
BLW meeting?)

Same for the very rare skill of beating the bushes for speakers and
sponsors.  You and Strata can do that; not everyone can.  It can be
taught, I'm convinced.