[SAGE] Re: [baylisa] RE: System Administrator Tool chest..

Allan West allan at cookie.org
Wed Feb 8 12:40:09 PST 2006

Marco Nicosia wrote:
> I'd like to add to the chorus of endorsements for noise-cancelling
> headphones! A few years ago, I used to spend very, very long hours
> in a large datacenter. The constant noise was really getting to me.
> I bought a pair of Sony MDR-NC20s (discontinued, now MDR-NC50) and
> they made life in the datacenter MUCH nicer.
>
> I agree with below that over-the-ear not only does a better job of
> sealing off noise, but keeps your ears warmer as well. I find that
> my ears need to adjust to new headphones. Wearing them for long
> periods of time will hurt initially, but that goes away.

I'm very curious, does your reference to hurting mean an ache inside the
ear? I had some NCT noise-cancelling headphones, but they gave me a
pressure headache when I wore them, so I stopped after about a week. I
was concerned that while I couldn't perceive sound, the pressure might
be causing my ears damage.

I now wear custom fit earplugs inside my ears instead, and they are very
comfortable while taking the edge off the background noise.
Thanks, Allan