[SAGE] System Administrator Tool chest..

Alvin Oga alvin at mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Sat Feb 4 01:54:08 PST 2006

hi ya

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 07:47:47PM -0500, Dan Foster wrote:

> The most popular tools -- and the ones that often tries to walk away on
> their own (*cough*):
>
> 	- Leatherman Wave or Gerber utility multi-tool
> 	- If no multi-tool, then two pliers: one needlenose and one not
> 	- T-10 Torx screwdriver

... snipp good list ..

i think you'd need to add extension cords and power strips
and leds with wires for checking bad led, etc.. and spare battery
for the motherboard ...

- get a good known-to-be-working 4port or 8-port hubb tooo ...

----------

for me, if someone comes in a big-ole-handy-dandy-power-screwdriver,
they are quickly escorted out the door to connect cables to
the wall or something that doesn't need screwdriver work

i hate bozo's that strip screws or wrong size/type screws in the screw holes
which gives you nice metal filings inside the case, which is why
you are there, instead fo someplace else you rather be, but instead
have to fix the silly box due to stripped screws and whatever else went wrong
	- but in the long run, thats good, it's job security ..
	that there will be more dead boxes

c ya
alvin