[SAGE] System Administrator Tool chest..

Jim Dennis jimd at starshine.org
Fri Feb 3 22:36:56 PST 2006

On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 01:54:42AM +0100, Brad Knowles wrote:
> At 7:47 PM -0500 2006-02-03, Dan Foster wrote:

>> (Then I go and have a little talk with whomever played 'Popeye' [the
>> sailor] by overtightening screws in the first place!)

> 	You mean the guy who used the cordless screwdriver, or better yet
> the cordless drill with screwdriver bits?

> 	I've got a nice Black & Decker 18V that I like to use....  I
> haven't been able to find many cordless drills that have a higher
> capacity battery, or a larger diameter chuck throat (to take larger
> diameter bits).

  My father, who is in his mid-sixties and is still an active
  construction worker --- general contractor and electrician, was
  just telling me about the neatest innovation in cordless screw
  guns --- impact drivers!

  He mentioned that it drives even the long 3" drywalls screws
  right into even the gnarliest old wood with hardly any effort,
  and never strips out the heads.

  NOT recommended for our work --- but I couldn't resist sharing.
  (On the other hand I bet that puppy in reverse would loosen
  any screw some idjet overtightened, too! :)).

--
Jim Dennis