suggestions of Helpdesk software, request tracking - public domain or low cost

vraptor at employees.org vraptor at employees.org
Wed Aug 16 07:39:49 PDT 2006

At last $work, we had very good luck with Jira--not free, but low cost
and you can try before you buy.  Our Java guy was able to quickly
build some integration with Confluence, the wiki by the same folks.

www.atlassian.com

Their development team is very conscientious and competent.  We found
a bug which was fixed in their next minor release, which came about 2
weeks later.

We used Jira for tasks, bug tracking, development feature tracking,
and part of our project management (e.g. the part for the techies, not
for the management team. ;-)

Good luck with your search.
=Nadine=