suggestions of Helpdesk software, request tracking - public domain or low cost

Fabrice Nye fabrice at life.net
Tue Aug 15 06:39:32 PDT 2006

I tried OTRS a couple of years ago, and it seemed
to work exactly in the way I intended it to. It
is fairly customizable and would probably work
both as an internal IT trouble ticket system and
as an external customer technical support system.

The main thing that attracted me to this package
was that most transactions could occur via
e-mail, and that I could modify the behavior by
tweaking the scripts. There is also a web
interface, which can be made to look any way you want.

--F.

--
Fabrice Nye
Redwood Shores, CA 94065  [37°32'20.9"N; 122°15'0.4"W]

	"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to
	 serve as a horrible warning."
	                           --Catherine Aird