NAS/SAN/iSCSI resource...

Jennifer Davis sigje at sigje.org
Tue Sep 20 16:58:52 PDT 2005

Not sure, but may be of interest to those people who are interested in
data storage (SAN, NAS, iSCSI, ..).  It's from my employer (NetApp), so I
want to qualify this.. but I've always been a big fan of the information
available on the NOW site, as well as the NetApp presence at USENIX's
LISA, so I don't think I'm being a dweeb by forwarding this information on
:)  Figure out the value yourself though.

http://www.netapp-web.com/ontap/

You can sign up for Tech OnTap .. I've asked what this is as the blurb
says "exclusive access to research, demos, best practices, white papers,
invitations to private events, and free beer" .. and digging a little I
found that it was newsletter, knowledge kit, webcast, in person events,
round tables, seminars (all based around your interests that you listed on
the registration page).  This will include discounted technical training,
so if you are looking for NetApp training this might be a good way to get
discounted training.

What kind of email traffic can you expect?  1 monthly newsletter, 1-2
bundles (information/research type things), and 1-2
announcements/offers depending on what kind of interests you selected when
you registered.

So .. in summary.  It looks like it will be a nice technical resource.
It's supposed to be geared towards techies, and not marketing speak.

If it's _not_ technical enough, let me know.  I'll pass on the comments
people make to the appropriate people.  I think this is a great
opportunity for the people who actually use the product to get involved in
having a voice with a particular vendor, and perhaps other vendors will
follow suit.

Jennifer