Exchange replacements

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Mon Sep 19 18:28:12 PDT 2005

> I'm looking at enterprise-grade email/calendar servers that work well
> with Outlook. I tried Scalix - if everything else is like that, I'm
> going to find myself running Exchange pretty soon. :\

Well, maybe not a direct replacement, depending on features, but
www.mirapoint.com.  (Disclosure: I work there, and run a Mirapoint box on the
side as well: www.imap-partners.net.)

There is an Outlook plug-in (www.synqinfo.com) that talks XML to the MP
calendar server, which is otherwise available in HTTP.  And of course it's an
IMAP server, so t-birders are welcome, but they must use the web interface
for the calendar.  I use it daily myself.  It's actually not bad.  And the
recent "corporate edition" looks much more like Outlook.