Exchange replacements

Michael T. Halligan michael at halligan.org
Mon Sep 19 18:05:00 PDT 2005

Patti,

Scalix, Mirapoint, and Communigate are the best of breed.. Supposedly
Oracle's collaboration suite is
really good, but even with TCO considerations, Exchange is a fraction of
Oracle's cost. We evaluated about
14 different exchange-clone solutions over the summer. Mirapoint is the
best of them, but a magnitute more
expensive than Scalix.

For the Thunderbird integration, there's always Sunbird.. but Sunbird is
pretty worthless right now.

--
Michael T. Halligan
Chief Technology Officer