recommendations for/against SAN classes?

Michael T. Halligan michael at halligan.org
Fri Sep 2 13:21:24 PDT 2005

David M. Dowdle wrote:

> Work wants me to take a class, and I'd like to learn more about SANS,
> can anybody recommend classes to take or ones to avoid?
>
> Thanks!

Dowdle,

Fancy seeing you here :)

Anyways, what are you trying to learn? Is this more of a vendor specific
thing? or?

Our old manager would actually have some really good input. He's working
at a new start-up being
run & funded by the guy who owns OpenSourceStorage. Take Mark out to
Lunch and pick his brain,
see if he can get Eren to let you play around on some gear & make
reccomendations.

Beyond that, I've heard that the HP San bootcamp is pretty good, and not
"too" vendor focused. I can
probably get you a deal on them, one of our partners is a pretty active
HP Var.

So when are you going to buy a server and host with me? I'm trying to
get everybody on your team to
drop a box in my cabinet *grins*

--
Michael T. Halligan