[baylisa] Re: Location..

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Thu Oct 13 14:48:50 PDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 02:06:22PM -0700, David Alban wrote:
> One of the things dc-sage tried, with some success, was not to
> splinter off any new groups, but to have every other meeting on the
> Virginia side of the D.C. beltway, and every other meeting on the
> Maryland side.  Most folks were able to go to half the meetings.
>
> I imagine this won't appeal very much to people who currently have
> easy access to meetings, and will appeal to those who don't.  But it
> seems like an all-or-none scenario now.

My reading is that the current ambition is not to splinter so much as
run 2x as many meetings, splitting between North and South, since we
have quite a few speakers in the pipeline. :)  So, not splintering, not
splitting, but "upgrading" capacity and geographic distribution ... if
you get used to attending meetings up north you might feel all the more
comfortable if you hear of an appealing meeting in the South, and vice
versa.

-danny

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/