Violation of Security/Privacy...

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Tue Oct 11 18:24:20 PDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 01:28:11PM -0700, Jennifer Davis wrote:

> Interesting articles here:
> http://www.alternet.org/columnists/story/26402/
> www.rootkit.com/blog.php?newsid=358
>
> In summary, it appears that Blizzard is doing some interesting things with
> looking at process/files running on the system to keep people from
> breaking the EULA.

OK; I admit that I was too lazy to deref the above link & read it....

But it seems to me that they'd need to acquire the information in order
to make use of it.

So what happens if the information received differs from that sent?
Might there be perturbations of that information that might catalyze
"interesting" reactions from Blizzard (whoever they are/it is)?

Peace,
david  (who is sometimes known to edit his "cookie" files for spite)
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Prediction is difficult, especially if it involves the future. -- Niels Bohr

See http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for public key.