slow Re: Violation of Security/Privacy...

Tue Oct 11 18:11:02 PDT 2005

hi ya

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Jennifer Davis wrote:

> Do I know what the hashes are?  Does the presence of something on my
> system mean that they should have access to it?

no .. unless its the police etc... with court orders ..

> Well my system which is quite a speedy system, 3.2 GHz CPU, and 2GB of
> memory used to be able to run multiple applications and WoW at the same
> time.

i'm curious, what are you running that makes it go chug-a-lug-putt-putt...

my k6-350 w/ 256M of memory with 50+ xterms with ssh to various pc
keep up fine with me .. ( except for a 5sec stall to bring up the
bloatware konqueror/mozilla )

but there's a memory leak some place, that the silly box needs
to be rebooted once every couple months and ssh back into
all them pc's again ..

c ya
alvin