Thoughts..

Jennifer Davis sigje at sigje.org
Fri Oct 7 16:59:22 PDT 2005

(please pass this on to any lists you think would be interested in
contributing, or participating!)

So if given the thought "Critical Problems of our Industry", what springs
to mind?  What aspects of your job do you think "they" could do better,
(where they is the vendors or open source ventures that tackle some of the
problems)?  What things do you bang your head on the table about, or find
yourself griping about yet again at the local coffee shop?

The reason I'm asking is that BayLISA is planning a "System
Administrators' Problems and Solutions" Summit and we are trying to come
up with 5 topics that would be of interest.  Any information to come out
of this sharing of the minds will be made available on the website!

(For those people interested in attending, save November 17 on your
calendar.  This will take place in San Francisco proper for easy access to
public transportation.  Send me an email, and I'll keep you updated.  It
will be limited to 75-100 people who will split up into the 5 groups -
each person will tackle two of the problems, and then we'll all talk about
the thoughts generated in the groups.  For you guru types in the area, I'm
also looking for moderators for the discussions.  We will feed you, and
supply plenty of tasty chocolate/soda. )

Many Many Thanks! :)  Hopefully this will stir up some constructive
conversations.

Jennifer