Candidate statement

Guy B. Purcell guy at extragalactic.net
Thu Nov 10 23:44:46 PST 2005

Hope this isn't too late!  I've previously had a schedule conflict
with the BayLISA board meetings (same night & time as my archery
club's general meeting--and I'm on the board there), so I've never
run for the board before.  Now the conflict is going away, so I'm
running.

I think the current board has been doing a lot of nice things for our
organization--things I'd like to see continue, such as BaySUG &
bringing more visibility to our group--so I'm running for the board
to help make sure those things do continue.  Like most in our
organization, I have no formal training in operating an organization
(formally, I'm an astrophysicist :^) ), but I haven't let that stop
me from helping run a couple previously, and they don't seem any
worse for the experience.

I don't have any pet projects I'm specifically looking to get done;
rather, I will offer my $0.02 in the board meetings, and help work on
the projects the board already has in the works, if elected.

Thanks for listening.

-Guy