Stupid recruiters.

Mon Nov 7 18:58:11 PST 2005

hi ya

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Michael T. Halligan wrote:

> Seriously, though, have you ever responded to a job ad?

for me, i replied to the 2 headhunters and i got both jobs
from them .. ( it was up my alley or of interest to me )

	and from what i hear, the headhunter and the hr
	was bickering about how much of the excessive fees the
	headhunter needs to get ..

	but, hr dept should know better ... and be able to
	negotiate fees w/ outsiders before they hire outside help
	which results in bozo's like me that get hired in

> my resumes, or through friends. Mostly through friends.  I got one
> position once after

i get most all of my jobs/work thru strangers where there was nobody
i know working at the company nor by referral from buddies

but now days, i just reply to their inquiry and quote something
or other, where more details inquiries gets more detailed replies

	i haven't updated or sent out resumes in years ..
	other than the occassional curiousity like sending to
	google to see if it "catches" somebody's eyeballz

	the "bid-a-job and wait-n-see" ( contracting ) is lot better
	than pushing resume's around

		- xxx corp doesn't usually ask for yyy vendors
		corp resume or resume of their employee's

		- xxx corp has a problem that they need solved
		and already found you ... the trick is to close
		the sale if they have a realistic goals/expectations

> Hrm, that's interesting. Do companies buy statistics from recruiters?

they must be ... there's just way way too many non-xistant
jobs and the junk mail for job offers for which i don't want
or not qualified

besides the job descriptions is pretty much identical
	- the same usual list of alphabet soup and
	fancy acronyms for the quarter

	- must be "Sr xxx" with 2+ yrs experience which
	automatically goes to /dev/null for me

	"Sr" to me implies 5+yrs in HW, 5+yrs in SW,
	5+ years in firmware/device drivers, ...
	and 30+ years with people interaction :-)

	- the same usual list of "personality requirements"

	- and some pays "foreign country wages"
	and some gives good or bad stock options

- only thing we have to distinguish xxx from yyy employer
  is the widget that they're making and if those alphabet
  soup has anything to do with the new widget

c ya
alvin