Stupid recruiters.

Paul M. Moriarty pmm at igtc.com
Thu Nov 3 16:52:28 PST 2005

Michael T. Halligan writes:
[...]
> Do people actually encourage these recruiters?

Many companies will work with recruiters on a non-exclusive basis.  As I
have a good deal of enterprise sw listed on my resume, I get a lot of
contacts for ERP implementation consultants.  Kind of like Nicole, I reply
saying thank you but I do not believe it would be a good fit.  If they then
reply asking me what would be a good fit, we can discuss further.

The job market today is still pretty bleak for employees.  Anything you can
do to extend your network can give you an advantage when you're looking for
a job.