Stupid recruiters.

Michael T. Halligan michael at halligan.org
Thu Nov 3 16:19:03 PST 2005

What's still escaping me here is... Does anybody actually use these
companies? I've done quite a bit of hiring,
and I think once I've actually farmed out to a body shop, I've always
been able to fill positions (about 30 positions
at various companies over the past 10 years) through friends and
colleagues.

The way these recruiters try to fill positions is at best, pathetic ,
and at worst, criminal in the United States, and California.
I literally get 10-20 emails or calls like this per day.  I know that
if I get an email for a websphere administrator position
in timbuktu in the morning, that I'll get 4 more emails, and 2 phone
calls by the end of the day.

Do people actually encourage these recruiters?