Reliable terminal emulation in the modern age?

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Tue Nov 1 20:19:31 PST 2005

Michael T.Halligan wrote:

> Is there such a thing as a working, usable terminal emulator?

On my MacOS X machines I'm stuck with minicom, installed by fink.
tip(1) is missing, and I pointed this out to Apple some time ago.
Public Beta (or maybe it was in 10.0) contained the man page for
remote(5), but that was removed soon thereafter.

We should crank up a small project to port tip from BSD to the Mac,
already.  The world would appreciate it.  Anyone know how to do IOKit stuff?