recommendation wanted for data recovery service

Strata R. Chalup strata at virtual.net
Tue May 17 11:23:26 PDT 2005

A client of mine has had a foreign field office server toast itself, and wants
to recover the drive and ship it back.   Windows server with 3Ware RAID card.
They're getting quotes from $15K - $33K, which is about an order of magnitude
more than they're interested in paying.  It's not a 'critical data' thing, it's
a 'we're understaffed and don't have the expertise to mess with it ourselves'
thing.

Recommendations for data recovery vendors, especially local to the South Bay,
would be welcomed.

thanks,
Strata

PS- Yes, the whole point of RAID is to keep this from happening.  Fortunately I
am on the *nix side of the shop, and don't know what in the world they were
doing to end up in this situation.

Strata Rose Chalup [KF6NBZ]                      strata "@" virtual.net
VirtualNet Consulting                            http://www.virtual.net/
  ** Project Management & Architecture for ISP/ASP Systems Integration **