sidenote - Re: A Question About Apple Employee Discounts

Sun May 8 19:07:19 PDT 2005

hi ya

On Sun, 8 May 2005, John Brunn wrote:

-- it'd never hurts to ask for discounts and favors if you know them
   well enough ..

> Hope this helps (I'm trying to get a G5 myself..)

and if one is looking for a deal on a dual-athlon-1600+ made by
penguincomputing, you can get the Altus 1Us with the mb & cpu at
halted  for $275 or so  ( no bidding non-sense :-)

	- that seems to me to be a good deal to me, but i donno what
	is good to some that is not good enough for others

	- the also had a bunch o nice tyan motherboards, stuff i bought
	before .. good for your spare parts collection or testing
	when your production servers decide to go on instant holiday
	after working for 2-4 yrs non-stop

c ya
alvin
- and fries had a seagate 160GB w/ 8MB buffer w/ 5yr warranty for
  $55 range after rebate