A Question About Apple Employee Discounts

John Clear jac at panix.com
Sun May 8 09:15:21 PDT 2005

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 08:29:08PM -0700, Roy S. Rapoport wrote:
> How big of a deal is it to ask an acquaintance to use their Apple Employee
> Discount for your purchase of a computer? Is it a case of "you're mortally
> insulting them unless you've known them for 20 years and was the godfather
> of their child," or more of a "well, as long as they don't respond 'roy
> who?' it's OK"?

This is one of those 'it depends' type things.  How well do you
know the person?  How many purchases can they make per year?  How
many purchases do they have left over at the end of the year?

The company I work for offers employee discounts on our product
(brand A graphics cards), with a limit of six per year.  Since I've
yet to use my employee discount for my use, I have no problem using
it for friends and acquaintances.  I make the offer first in casual
conversation.  If someone asked me without my first offering, it would
be awkward, and my reaction would depend on how well I knew them/etc.

John