Requirement for redundant Web service

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Tue Jun 7 08:13:50 PDT 2005

[This is an abbreviated version of a note I just sent to sage-members.]

A potential customer (of my employer, an ISP) wants to have an
externally-accessible Web server in-house, but also wants requests
redirected in case of an outage.

I suggested (to the sales person involved on our side) that it was my
understanding that Akamia had an offering that looked as if it addressed
that requirement.  A bit of poking around leaves me with the impression
that their "EdgeSuite Delivery" service offering would likely be
appropriate.

Anyone know of any other services or approaches that would compete with
this for the stated requirement?

I'll summarize if there's interest expressed.

Thanks!

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Any given sequence of letters is a misspelling of a great many English words.

See http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for public key.