network thruput

Rich Holland rjholland at ciber.com
Wed Jun 1 19:47:07 PDT 2005

michael at halligan.org wrote:

> $150k? Ouch. For $20k nowadays you can get a 40 tape lto2 library
> that has 200GB (uncompressed) tapes.. Another $5-$7k you can go
> with the latest SDLT that's 300GB uncompressed (which I'm
> looking at purchasing this week, hence the numbers in my head)

Where do you guys generally go to get ball-park quotes on tape units?  I'm
trying to price out several backup options (buy a crateload more DLT-8000
tapes for the 6-yr old library vs. buy a new lto library vs. backup to
JBOD).

I hate to go through the sales doids and all the dancing just to get
ball-park quotes that my customer will likely re-quote through preferred
vendors, etc....

Is there anyone on the web advertising pricing (even list price) that I can
scrape together something high-level with?

Thanks!
Rich