installing RedHat7.3 to Dell 1850....

Dan Bethe dan_bethe at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 12:48:59 PST 2005

--- Kwan Low <kwanseng at yahoo.com> wrote:

> A client send us a brand new Dell Poweredge 1850 and
> want us to install Redhat 7.3. Having all kind of
> trouble getting it to install due to 7.3 unable to
> deal with the newer hardware. Dell site mentioned it
> only support RH 9.

Hi there.  I guess they have a really good reason for wanting something several
generations obsolete and are willing to secure it and support it from SRPMs.
:)

The standard procedure is to search for any number of terms on
bugzilla.redhat.com, particularly with advanced search to narrow it down to RHL
7.3.  I don't see any with "poweredge" but you should try the motherboard model
name and the controllers and whatever you're having trouble with that you
didn't mention so we have no way to help further on.  :)  Good luck!