BayLisa Board Follies

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Sat Feb 5 17:06:32 PST 2005

These are the facts, as I see 'em, of stuff that's happened since the
board's last meeting on Thursday.

Mark Langston, until recently a board member of BayLisa, wanted to hold
an email "board meeting" about a motion to censure unspecified persons.

Rick pointed out, quite correctly, that such a meeting could not occur
via email per the bylaws. He offered to set up some sort of conference
call.

Mark Langston resigned.

Jim volunteered conference call facilities for a meeting tomorrow night
at 8 p.m.

Mark Langston seconded

I pointed out that three board members or the president would need to
call the meeting. So far, I saw one.

Jennifer said that she didn't accept Mark's resignation; regardless,
Mark resigned in writing (and yes, Jennifer, there is case law on this,
don't make me start spewing it). Further, she said that she was calling
the meeting.

I said that there'd need to be three directors plus, if he wished to
join, Mark, would be needed for a quorum. I didn't see a quorum.

Jennifer said that Elizabeth was also on the board, which is false. No
vote was called about whether or not Elizabeth should be added.

Mark withdrew his resignation.

I said that we could discuss that at the next regular meeting (per the
bylaws, that's the correct procedure).

Mark accused me of challenging Jennifer's authority.

If Jennifer wanted her behavior to be above reproach, she would exclude
Mark from any calculations of quorum or voting as his status is still
resigned per the bylaws.

--
_Deirdre                                             http://deirdre.net
"Ideally pacing should look like the stock market for the year 1999, up