FAST discount information, North BayLISA, other comments

Jennifer Davis sigje at sigje.org
Mon Dec 12 12:28:46 PST 2005

I've heard from Anne, and as soon as they have information onsite they
will get me a discount code.  (So day of the event starting.)

I talked to some people with regards to North BayLISA this past week.
We may have a location in Emeryville for North/East Bay BayLISA folks.  I
know there was some discussion a few weeks back about doing this.. if the
people who were interested in this could poke me again that would be
helpful in getting this organized with the first few speakers and
announcements.

We are evaluating the bylaws to make them more clear, and improve the
voting process.  If you are interested in serving on this committee,
please do let us know at blw at baylisa.org.

We are also working on figuring out what services to provide BayLISA
members.  We are working behind the scenes to get this going, and should
have some news to announce soon(ish).  We did replace the camera in
November, and started recording meetings again.  The great thing about
this camera is that it's direct to hard disk and so can hold the whole
meeting in one recording.  We've been looking at how to host these
recordings so that people could browse the library, and discovered
video.google.com.  The nov9 meeting has been uploaded, and as soon as
Google verifies the content I'll be posting the link so anyone who missed
the presentation will be able to view it.  Bob Camors/Jennifer Granick's
presentation will be uploaded as well.  We welcome comments about services
to blw at baylisa.org.  If you are interested in volunteering in helping make
these services happen that would be great.  We always welcome volunteers
:)

Rick Moen, and Jim Dennis will be presenting a BayLISA Tools of the Trade
- Security Seminar coming up in the new year.

Many thanks to Elizabeth Zwicky, Strata Chalup, and Jim Hickstein for
serving on the BayLISA Board.  Welcome to Alan Horn, Jim Dennis, and Guy
Purcell to the new Board.  This year I will be serving as the President of
Board of Directors, Rick Moen will be returning as Treasurer, and Guy
Purcell will be serving as Arch/Secretary.  Many thanks to these
individuals for serving the organization.

Jennifer