How much does power go for nowadays ?

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at Alameda.net
Tue Aug 30 11:36:34 PDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 09:46:50AM -0700, Alan Horn wrote:

> Folks,
>
> What do people expect to be a reasonable rate from colocation facilities
> for power circuits.
>
> e.g. How much for a 30A 110v, and how much for a 30A 240V single phase ?
>
> I'm getting various figures from different vendors and I just want to see
> what the market cost would be. I prefer to pay for what I'm getting
> (power), rather than have some extra amount tagged on so that they can run
> loss leaders on other parts of the operation.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Al

Several of the datacenters I spoke to before renewing with XO, told me their
power prices were based on what they pay. I went and found somewhere burried
in PG&E website the tarifs and verified XO and one other datacenter. XO is
selling us the power at a loss if they are paying that PG&E tarif, the other
datacenter (I doubled the amount of power we would draw to cover the power
needed for cooling), it was pretty much that PG&E tarif.

--
Regards, Ulf.