Changing subject body and subject header

Marco Nicosia marco at escape.org
Tue Aug 9 14:51:50 PDT 2005

I hardly ever use Freshmeat.net, so I have a naive question.

Every so often, I get something up my nose and write a python script
to solve it. The most recent example is, "Check this list of URLs,
keep md5s on their content, and send me MIME e-mails containing the
new pages if they change." When I'm done, I think, "Gosh, maybe
someone else would like to use this, even though it's really a
pretty trivial thing."

It seems like freshmeat's a repository that's oriented to "real"
applications, less than SourceForge, but still way bigger projects
than my one-pagers. Again, I hardly use freshmeat, so I could be
off base here.

Is freshmeat.net the type of place to post these scripts? Are there
better, more obvious places to submit them?

-- Marco

PS - Bonus points to people who mention superb apps either from
     freshmeat or other sites...

Marco E. Nicosia  |  http://www.escape.org/~marco/  |  marco at escape.org