Good place to sell off excess equipment?

Fri Sep 24 16:35:06 PDT 2004

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, John Costello wrote:

> DoveBid, based in the SF Bay Area, handles large auctions.  I believe they
> will combine lots from multiple sellers into one auction.

those techie auction houses charges about 10% - 20% of the sale price
on top of the bid price .. bidders have to be careful to include
the "aution fee" in addition to their bid price
	- but if there is nobody there, you can find a good deal ..
	as a buyer

most reputable auction house around here expect you to bring a letter
of credit from the bank that you'd be able to pay what you bid before
you can get a bid number ... but maybe things have changed since the *.com
bust

find one that specialize in "1u boxes"  vs the ones that sells estate
jewlery  .. ( yahoo sold off the 1U boxes from other techie outfits they
bought out .. some of the bidders came back(here) for upgrades and
retrofits or missing manuals etc.. )

c ya
alvin