Good place to sell off excess equipment?

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Fri Sep 24 15:50:10 PDT 2004

> On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Michael T. Halligan wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to help a friend of mine sell off some hardware he got stuck
> > with due to a dot-bomb.. 200 dual xeon boxes.. The pricing is really
> > good (especially to buy them in a large lot)..
> >
> > Where is a good place to advertise to try and sell off such a large lot
> > of hardware?

DoveBid, based in the SF Bay Area, handles large auctions.  I believe they
will combine lots from multiple sellers into one auction.

I don't know what percentage they would want or what details you would
encounter.  Note that they are not strictly an IT auctioneer.

http://www.dovebid.com

-----
John Costello - cos at indeterminate dot net
"If you are afraid of butter, use cream."--Julia Child