Cisco moves even more to china.

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Fri Sep 24 05:35:02 PDT 2004

>  CNN Reports: Cisco is investing 32 Million into China and is training
>  10's of thousands of Chineese university students in Cisco
>  technology.

Giving jobs to hard-working, well-educated foreigners who will work for
less money!  Those bastards!  Don't they know that American technology
workers need to be able to easily find high-paying jobs!  American
workers are incapable of dealing with any reality other than this.

As someone who has managed it through the worst of the burst, waiting
tables, and slinging espresso and ultimately leaving the area to find a
lower-paying job in Chicago, I find it hard to shed a tear for the
"economic girly-men" remaining in California.

I will note that being unemployed sure frees up your time to work as a
political volunteer.  I never knew that Sacramento was so acessible
until I assisted a consumer group in lobbying against a utility
bail-out.  Enjoy your powers as a US citizen with free-time.

Cisco doesn't owe the technology community anything beyond decent
products at competetive prices, and good working conditions for those
that it employees.  Whether those employees are Chinese or Americans
makes no difference.

>  So.. I guess we will be cranking out those H1b's...Plan to kiss your
>  raises and or jobs bye bye to some specialized cheap imported Cisco
>  trained networking person from China.

Uhm, if they are working in China, they don't need H1Bs, nor are the
"trained networking person(s)" being imported.  The Chinese built the
railroads that made the California you enjoy today.  Well, they have
found some more infrastructure to build.  Get your butt down to the
Promontory Point in time for the party!  Huzzah!

Sincerely,
-danny

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/