Where to buy UPS batteries?

Guy B. Purcell guy at extragalactic.net
Mon Nov 29 22:27:35 PST 2004

On Nov 26, 2004, at 14:32, Joe Gross wrote:

> What is the proper thing to do with old SLA batteries? Is there a
> place on the peninsula where I can deposit them?

Hmm, I was going to say, "yes!" but then reconsidered given the SLA
stipulation.  BFI maintains a recycling center in San Carlos--see
<http://bfisanmateocounty.com/recycle_transfer.html>.  They take
"household batteries," which likely means they don't take lead-acid
batteries.  I'd suggest talking to your favorite auto shop to find out
what they do with dead car batteries; you should be able to do
something similar with your UPS batteries.

-Guy