Where to buy UPS batteries?

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang+gnus-baylisa at dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com
Fri Nov 12 18:11:28 PST 2004

Seeing how it is the season to refurbish one's UPS and lots of folks
had great ideas on where to find high-current UPS batteries, I figured
I've venture a question in the same vein.

I just got a nice APC Back-UPS RS 1500 and it has a connector on the
back for adding external batteries.  I'd love to add two large 12v
deep-cycle batteries externally if only I could find the proper
connector.  I'm pretty sure this is the same connector that APC uses
internally on their 24v RBC33 (2x 12v 7ah) cartridge.

Does anyone know where I can find some dead 24v battery packs they
haven't recycled yet and still have the APC cable and connectors on
them?

-wolfgang
	 When you talk to musicians about pirates they think
		   you are talking about the RIAA.