Hints/pointers on MRTG for non-traffic SNMP data?

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Thu May 27 09:05:10 PDT 2004

MRTG is something I've not had occasion to deal with much before, and I
have a requirement to add some graphs of data extracted via SNMP, but that
are not actually "traffic counters" (if that makes any sense) to some
existing MRTG graphs (that do show traffic counters).

I like to think I'm fairly good at operating Web search engines, but I'm
a bit stuck here, and keep getting either "nothing" or a lot of
not-obviously-relevant hits.

Hints or clues?  (Yes, I did look at www.mrtg.org.)

Oh, in case it matters, this is in a FreeBSD environment.

(And yes, I'll summarize private responses.  There is no need to send
the same message both to the list and to me.)

Thanks,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
I do not "unsubscribe" from email "services" to which I have not explicitly
subscribed.  Rather, I block spammers' access to SMTP servers I control,
and encourage others who are in a position to do so to do likewise.